Commercial Law and Business Entity Formations:
We have real world-experience with starting and managing business entities and how to handle the myriad of issues that can arise in today’s business environment. This unique background enables Christie Tournet & Associates to provide insightful advice on business formation, organization, and management and we can also assist with drafting business plans, negotiating contracts, and drafting contracts including employment agreements, company policies, and use agreements. From contract negotiations to implementation of policies, Christie Tournet & Associates provides knowledgeable and efficient legal services.
As to our Business Formation services, we provide:
- Counsel and assistance in completing the initial paperwork with the Secretary of State to obtain your Initial Report and your Articles of Incorporation or Organization,
- We draft Operating Agreements, and
- We also provide you with a Checklist and guidance as to the other items to complete after the initial, legal documents are put in place.
With Ongoing Business concerns, we routinely:
- Provide counsel on business contracts including leases and purchase agreements, and
- Draft various commercial contracts including non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements, indemnity agreements, and releases and waivers.
Real Estate Concerns:
Christie Tournet & Associates has a very unique ability to help clients in certain facets of Louisiana real estate concerns. We can assist in drafting a variety of real estate transactions and we also provide counsel ranging from residential purchase and lease agreements to more sophisticated commercial leases and purchases and other commercial contracts, including prospective franchising agreements and concerns.
For example, buying or selling a home is the most significant financial transaction that many individuals undertake in their lifetime. While this can be an exciting time, without proper legal guidance, the process can also become frustrating, overwhelming, and more expensive than necessary. Even if there are no obvious disagreements between the Buyer and Seller, it is advisable for each party to enter into real estate transactions with one’s own attorney, who can help steer the client away from common pitfalls and facilitate a smooth transfer of property.
In providing real estate counsel, Christie Tournet & Associates’ has an unmatched edge, as Christie Tournet’s legal team has held Louisiana real estate licenses and the team also has extensive backgrounds in the real estate and construction industries. Thus, the Christie Tournet & Associates legal team personally appreciates all formal steps of the real estate sales and lease process and that unique understanding of real estate benefits the client with knowledgeable and stream-lined counseling.